Royal Van Zanten Privacy Statement
Protecting your personal data is very important to Royal Van Zanten. In this Privacy Statement, we wish to provide clear, transparent information about how we handle personal data.
We will do everything possible to safeguard your privacy and will therefore treat your personal data with care. In all instances, Royal Van Zanten will comply with the applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation. This means that we will in any event:
- be aware of your rights concerning your personal data, point these rights out to you and respect them;
- process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which they have been furnished;
- limit the processing of your personal data to only that data which is minimally necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed;
- ask for your explicit consent if we need this to process your personal data;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures, so the security of your personal data is safeguarded;
- not pass personal data on to other parties, unless this is necessary to carry out the purposes for which it was furnished.
Purposes for processing personal dataRoyal Van Zanten processes personal data for various purposes, while observing the principles set out above. The following purposes may be indicated beforehand:
• purchasing, improving, growing and selling potted plants, cut flowers and bulbs;
• administrative processes;
• communications and marketing;
• recruitment and selection;
• and any goals ensuing from Royal Van Zanten’s performance targets.
Bases for processing personal data
Royal Van Zanten processes personal data pursuant to the following statutory bases:
- performing agreements;
- consent by data subjects;
- fulfilling statutory obligations;
- Royal Van Zanten’s legitimate interests.
Disclosure to third parties
We may disclose the data which you give us to third parties if this is necessary to accomplish the purposes. For example, we use third parties to:
- provide the IT environment;
- take care of the administration, including the accounting;
- provide newsletters and invitations.
We only transfer personal data to other parties with which we have concluded a data processing agreement. Of course, we make the necessary agreements with these parties (processors) to ensure that your personal data is secure. In addition, we will not disclose to other parties data furnished by you, unless this is statutorily required and permissible. We may also share personal data with third parties if you give us written permission to do so.
Within the EU
We will not disclose personal data to parties located outside the EU, unless we have consent.
Royal Van Zanten does not retain personal data for longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or is required under the law.
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing.
Rights concerning your data
You have the right to view, rectify or delete the personal data which we have received from you. Moreover, you can object to the processing of your personal data (or a portion thereof) by us or one of our processors. You are entitled as well to have us transfer the data furnished by you to yourself or directly to another party at your instruction. We may ask you to provide proof of your identity before we grant the above requests.
If we process your personal data based on consent given by you, you may revoke this consent at any time.
If you believe that Royal Van Zanten wrongly possesses your personal data, you can indicate this through firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, please contact us directly. If we cannot reach a solution together, you can always file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority [Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens], the supervisory authority regarding privacy protection.
If you have questions or comments about our Privacy Statement, don’t hesitate to contact us!