Royal van Zanten Uganda is looking for a:
The primary purpose is to provide efficiently and effectively, defined specialist services to support the technical function.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
- Provide efficient, timely and effective technical support to service or maintenance, repair and management of all electrical systems, civil work, mechanical, steaming and all other equipment/ work.
- Plan and put in place measures to control and ensure the efficient and effective use of company resources.
- Planning and supervision of preventive and corrective maintenance of all electrical plant equipment and carrying out electrical installations.
- Responsible for static and mobile plants, design, operation and maintenance of plant installation.
- Oversee the activities of all consultants and contractors if hired for above works and services.
- Responsible for all refrigeration plant and equipment including servicing, maintenance and management.
- Design, operation and maintenance of water supply and sewerage systems.
- Responsible for training and motivating the technical staff that they become better performers and achieve set objectives and targets.
- Identification and advising management on procurement of appropriate and genuine spare parts and new plants.
- Managing and controlling (effective supervision) of a team of technical staff:
- Night operators
- Temporary workers during Green House Construction
- Steam boiler attendants
- Green house maintainers
- Keep stock or inventory on company (plant and machinery) properties, repairs, and maintenance for all machinery:
- Cultivators, tractors, etc.
- Green houses, irrigation, lighting installations
- Cold store
- Making and keeping service schedules, preparing a transparent procedure and policy for property maintenance to minimize damage.
- Ensure provision and maintenance of reliable security systems for company property.
- Oversee and supervise all construction, repairs and maintenance works of Green Houses and other civil and steel works that they conform to architectural / engineering standards.
- Oversee and supervise the steam section when requested to with respect to the production schedule.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- A minimum of a higher diploma or its equivalent in any engineering field
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position.
- Computer literacy
- Mature mind, ability to work with minimum supervision, possess supervisory skills and able to delegate.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Example for employees’ positive attitude, and able to promote company policy.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application letter and an up to date CV only that provides details of applicant specific qualification for the desired position, current and expected salary and contacts of three referees by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; Royal Van Zanten is an Equal Opportunity organisation, Any Form of Lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.