At Royal Van Zanten, our people and our shared passion make us unique. It is our purpose to pass on the passion that we share for our flowers and plants and for growing our business.
To join and lead our team in Colombia, we are looking for an Operations Manager Colombia
A strong leader who can develop high performing teams
Establish and deliver smooth, efficient, reliable and high quality Production & Breeding Operations at our locations in Colombia. In this role you are responsible for the Production Operations (producing & delivering healthy plant material to our customers) and our core business activities (Breeding operations, Commercial flower trials, HR, Procurement) in Colombia.
You will ensure an efficient and timely coordination of business activities between the locations in close alignment with our global business teams.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Lead, coordinate and facilitate the (resource) planning of all business activities in Colombia
- Coordinate inbound and outbound logistics (together with the local agent)
- Ensure and implement high quality phytosanitary standards within our locations
- Maximize the efficiency of all business procedures
- Build processes and working instructions that meet our business objectives and compliance standards
- Budget responsible for Production and Breeding Operations
- Manage and implement expansion and maintenance investments
- Implementation of ERP package, IT solutions
- Recruit, develop and train staff in close collaboration with our HR department
In Colombia we work with a matrix structure, you will report to the Manager International Operations of Van Zanten Breeding. You will work closely with the local teams in Colombia. The team consists currently of the following disciplines: Planning & Production, Breeding, Sales and Finance.
Besides interacting with the team, you will communicate with external parties such as the local agent, local growers and where necessary the local government. And furthermore, with your colleagues in the Netherlands and worldwide.
You are unique
You are pro-active, curious and have an innovative mindset
You are a strong facilitator and coordinator
You can motivate and energize team members
You have analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
We are looking for candidates who
- Have a university degree or similar
- Have strong leadership skills: facilitate, coordinate, communicate and execute
- Have project management skills: plan, organize and execute; steer and monitor the progress
- Have knowledge and experience in the flowers / horticulture industry
Royal Van Zanten has a lot to offer
We offer you a career and an opportunity to keep developing your work and yourself. It is our strategy to invest in the continuous development of our people, products, processes and the overall quality.
We are ambitious, and we hope that you are too. We offer a competitive salary, great secondary conditions and – most importantly – a passionate team of colleagues that will make every day of working with Royal Van Zanten a pleasure and an adventure.
We offer you the opportunity to work internationally. Your home base will be in Colombia, and traveling will be part of your job.
Are you enthusiastic? We would love to hear from you. You can send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Dik van Alphen, Manager International Operations at email@example.com or +31 6 29465624.
About Royal Van Zanten
Royal Van Zanten is an international leader in the breeding and propagation of cut flowers (Alstroemeria, Statice, Chrysanthemum, Freesia and Bouvardia) and pot plants (Aster, Alstroemeria, Celosia, Chrysanthemum and Multiflora). We have made it our purpose to pass on the passion that has defined our organization since its foundation in 1862. Our shared passion is one of the 5 values that define our culture: Passion, Quality, Better every day, Ambition and Royal. This last value was inspired by the Royal honors that were accorded to our company in 1901. Today, the value stands for customer focus and the respect that we have for the people around us. Royal Van Zanten has over 1200 employees that work from our home base in the Netherlands and in our international breeding and production locations in Uganda, South Africa and Colombia.