At Royal Van Zanten, our people and our shared passion make us unique. It is our purpose to pass on the passion that we share for our flowers and plants and for growing our business.
To join and lead our team in Colombia, we are looking for an
Operations Manager Colombia
A strong leader who can develop a high performing team
Establish and deliver smooth, efficient and reliable operations at our facilities in Colombia. In this role you are responsible for the supply chain operations (delivering healthy plants to our customers) and our core business activities (breeding, sales, HR, procurement) in Colombia .
You will ensure a good and timely coordination of activities between the sites in close alignment with our global teams. Some of your responsibilities include:
- Lead the (resource) planning of all business activities in Colombia
- Coordinate inbound and outbound logistics (together with the local agent)
- Maximize the efficiency of all business procedures
- Build processes and working instructions that meet our business objectives and ensure compliance and efficient operations
- Monitor financial data and recommend solutions that will improve profitability
- Implementation of ERP package, IT solutions
- Recruit, develop and train our staff in close collaboration with the HR department
In Colombia we work with a matrix structure. You will report to the Manager International Operations of Van Zanten Breeding. You will manage and support the the local team in Colombia. The team consists currently of a Finance manager, Senior Breeder, Account manager, Planning and Agronomists.
Besides interacting with your team, you will communicate with external parties such as the local agent, local growers and where necessary the local government. And furthermore with your colleagues in the Netherlands and worldwide.
You are unique
You are pro-active and curious and have an innovative mindset.
You can motivate and energize your team.
You have analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
We are looking for candidates who
- Have a university degree or similar
- Have strong leadership skills: coordinate, communicate and execute
- Have project management skills: plan, organize and execute; monitor and steer the progress
- Have knowledge of the flowers / horticulture industry
Royal Van Zanten has a lot to offer
We offer you a career and an opportunity to keep developing your work and yourself. It is our strategy to invest in the continuous development of our people, products, processes and the overall quality.
We are ambitious, and we hope that you are too. We offer a competitive salary, great secondary conditions and – most importantly – a passionate team of colleagues that will make every day of working with Royal Van Zanten a pleasure and an adventure.
We offer you the opportunity to work internationally. Your home base will be in Colombia, and traveling will be part of your job.
Are you enthusiastic? We would love to hear from you. You can send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Dik van Alphen, Manager International Operations at email@example.com or +31 6 29465624.